October 2020 examination series
The dates for the October 2020 examinations series are as follows:
WRITE-2: Commissioned Writing: Thursday 1 October (afternoon)
WRITE-3: Responsive Writing: Friday 9 October (morning)
As the grade awarded in August has already taken the work submitted for WRITE-1: Portfolio fully into account, the marks for WRITE-1: Portfolio will not be considered during this additional examination session. The basis for any grades awarded in this additional examination session will therefore be as follows:
- candidates who wish to enter for October 2020 sit both examined units, that’s WRITE-2 and WRITE-3
- their scripts will be marked by the Principal Examiners for WRITE-2 and WRITE-3
- the grade awarded will be based entirely on the total marks awarded for WRITE-2 and WRITE-3
- there is no need to re-submit predicted grades for the October units as we already have the grades that were predicted for these candidates back in February
- candidates may take the higher grade: either the one awarded in August 2020, or the one awarded for the October 2020 examination session
- there will be a nominal fee of £14 for each candidate entered for the October 2020 examination session.
The deadline for entries for examinations in October 2020 is 15 September 2020.